When you think of soy, what comes to mind? Veganism, vegetarianism, tofu? Have you ever thought of soy health benefits no manner your diet? Today we are going to explore that.
Soy Health Benefits include:
- reduced risk of breast cancer, which is more effective when consumed in teen and young adult years. A moderate amount is one to two servings a day of whole-soy foods, such as tofu, soy milk, and edamame. 1 serving for tofu, soy milk, and edamame is as follows: 3/4 cup (150g), 1 cup (240mL), and 1/2 cup (80g).
- Lower bad cholesterol
- Soy protein by mouth seems to reduce protein in the urine in people with chronic kidney disease.
- Reduces blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
- Lower blood pressure: systolic (top number) 4-8 mmHg decrease; diastolic (bottom number) 3-5 mmHg decrease.
- high in fiber and protein
- low in saturated fat
- cholesterol & lactose-free
- good source of omega-3 fatty acids & antioxidants
Did you know we manufacture soy-based proteins called Textured Vegetable Proteins (TVP)?
Our TVP is made from soy and is similar to tofu. Therefore it will absorb all the spices & flavors you are cooking with. Once cooked and hydrated, TVP increases up to 3x in size, which can bring ingredient costs down. For example, if a recipe calls for 1lb of meat, you may use about 1/3-lb of TVP. Its 2-year dry storage shelf life makes it last longer than its meat counterparts. One ounce of TVP is equivalent to an ounce of its meat counterpart.
Check out our chicken & beef flavored Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP). They are available in a variety of sizes like chunks, strips, crumbles, minced, tidbits, or slices. Each one of our TVP is packaged in a 1-lb resealable bag.