When you struggle with uncontrollable bladder leaks, sex may be the last thing on your mind. We are here to tell you it should be the first! Having more sex can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. Be mindful though that certain positions can put more stress on your bladder, causing you to leak more. Here are the sex positions we recommend.
If you struggle with Stress Urinary Incontinence, we recommend girl on top! Not only do you get control, but you can also manage the depth of penetration as well. Place pillows on top of your partner thighs to have even better control of penetration. If you want something more intimate, the spooning position works just as well.
For urge incontinence, we recommend steamy shower sex. You can conceal any leaks with ease plus rinse off quickly. If your partner does not know, they will think you are just freshening up. We, however, recommend telling your partner. Better communication can mean you both get to enjoy the moment more with less concern. Don’t like shower sex? Do a modified missionary position. Place pillows underneath your back which can help to reposition the pelvic so there is less stress on your bladder.
In addition, ladies, masturbate more often! You can sleep better, have a stronger immune system, feel great & can help to prevent UTI’s and other infections. Kegels are one way of strengthening your pelvic floor muscles but so can masturbation. We know that kegels may get boring so try mixing it up. Check with your doctor first before trying any sex toys.
Other ways you can help to prevent the leaks:
- Try to use the bathroom & empty your bladder if you can.
- Limit or avoid bladder irritant foods as well. Check our blog post here to see which foods & drinks can actually cause you to pee more frequently.
- Communicate with your partner. This is so important because your partner can actually make you feel more comfortable. Plus, a little laughter can go a long way. Don’t take bladder leaks too seriously. If you don’t let it bother you, your partner won’t be phased by it either.
- Read our post: 7 Natural Ways To Help Reduce Incontinence And Overactive Bladder
Bladder leaks do not have to take over your life. There are plenty of natural treatments on the market today that you can do to help reduce those bladder leaks.
- Bladder retraining can help. Set times during the day on when to use the bathroom. When you feel that “urge to go”, try to hold it in.
- If you are overweight, try to lose some weight which can be putting extra weight on the bladder.
- Increase your fiber intake or take a fiber supplement. Having consistent bowel movements can also relieve any extra pressure from the bladder.
- Try our supplement Rejoice Plus® for bladder control. Rejoice Plus® is made from 5 all-natural, active ingredients that have been clinically proven to help strengthen the pelvic floor & sphincter muscles while relaxing the bladder. Offers 24-hour protection for both men & women.
ND Labs provides a variety of dietary supplements to enhance a healthy lifestyle. To find the right supplement for you, please visit this page, which includes our indications table. We also offer promotions, sales, and coupon codes periodically through our social media, newsletter, pop-ups, and coupon sites like wethrift.